Share your extensive knowledge about the business
The Sales Engineer's primary function is to provide technical expertise during sales opportunities to ascertain the prospect's requirements and develop a proposed solution that satisfies the prospect's technical, business, and budget requirements adequately. Responsibilities include maintaining extensive knowledge of the products' parts, functions, and processes and assisting in closing sales where technical expertise may be required to fit the clients' needs. Complaint handling is a critical part of this position. Turning a frustrated customer into a happy customer, while adhering to company policies, requires a combination of empathy and tact.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves customers by identifying their needs and engineering adaptations of products, and services.
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and others in a position to understand service requirements.
- Provides product, service, or technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Establishes new accounts and services accounts by identifying potential customers and planning and organizing sales call schedules.
- Prepares cost estimates by studying all related customer documents, consulting with engineers, and other contributing personnel.
- Determines improvements by analyzing cost-benefit ratios of equipment, supplies, or service applications in the customer environment and engineering or proposing changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services.
- Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operations improvements.
- Submits orders by conferring with technical support staff and costing engineering changes.
- Develops the customer’s staff by providing technical information and training.
- Complies with state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, and anticipating future legislation.
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Marketing, Business Administration, or related field.
- Experience in sales and the technology field.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, customer service, and sales skills.
- The ability to relate technical information to non-technical customers.
- Excellent technical and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Ability to perform under pressure and address complaints in a timely manner.
- Excellent presentation, proposal writing, and verbal communication skills.
- High energy, motivation, and enthusiasm; a hard worker and rapidly responsive communicator; personable and team-oriented.
- Must be a strong communicator, both verbally and in written form.
Our RS Experience
The smiles across our faces say it all! Our days filled with challenges also bring well-deserved contentment. What would an RS family member say? Take a glimpse of some of their inspiring experiences!
What I like about the organization is the education, care, and support that they are providing. Working for Flood Control Asia RS Corp. can be challenging at times, but it’s a great place to grow professionally and personally.
One of my leaders taught me a very important lesson in life,
that you should not keep saying “I don’t know this (Diko alam)” instead you should say “I have yet to know this (Diko pa alam)”.
This improved my attitude, and up to now whenever I’m given a hard task, I just gladly accept the challenge and cling to that saying.
I have been with the company for years. The company treats its employees with fairness and care.
I had the opportunity to travel abroad (Doha, Qatar) for site training and installation because of Flood Control Asia RS Corporation.
It is very seldom to find a company that you can call a family. When my father was hospitalized, the company stood by my side. Dr. Andreas Klippe, RS President and CEO was among the first who presented himself and went to the hospital to donate his blood despite the danger of COVID 19. With that, I consider myself very lucky to be part of Flood Control Asia RS Corporation.