Senior Technical Engineer
Be a problem solver and a team player
The Senior Technical Engineer's responsibility is to provide specific in-depth technical expertise for design projects, with responsibility for the planning and deployment of the design of specific new products, technologies, components, and their integration into systems (e.g. demountable, electric or electronic systems, mechanical systems, etc). Also, to provide technical liaison with suppliers, manufacturing, design engineering, and customers. Produce high-quality solutions for projects, and be able to apply engineering knowledge and principles to devise innovative solutions to unique design problems. Responsible for the overall design content from concept through to delivery into manufacture, using innovative engineering skills to ensure seamless integration.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide significant in-depth knowledge and product design experience.
- Contribute to the development of features and designs for future flood control solutions.
- Utilize prior expertise to involve global partners, suppliers, and academia to leverage invention and create production-ready innovations.
- Develop technical specifications and supplier documentation for new technologies.
- Perform design analysis and product evaluations for future technology.
- Responsible for rapid prototyping, specifying requirements and evaluation of designs, analysis, development, testing, and control of features, as well as a high level of independent judgment.
- Provide technical expertise of the product features to personnel supporting the assigned project.
- Show solid judgment and build consensus, particularly in the face of competing design requirements.
- Research concept ideas using mathematical modeling to work out whether new developments and innovations would work and be cost-effective.
- Produce design ideas, based on research, into technical plans for prototypes using computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-assisted engineering (CAE) software.
- Analyze the design proposals and the technical information in order to identify the issues arising during product development, defining and implementing adequate solutions in order to reach a feasible proposal with a high form and aesthetic quality.
- Make and track design changes on existing products in conjunction with the Engineer team.
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree or equivalent is preferred.
- Membership of an industry-related Professional Body would be advantageous.
- At least 5 years of experience with structural engineering and product development.
- Extensive work experience in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Consistently demonstrates extremely high levels of technical knowledge, ingenuity, and creativity.
- Broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of specialty.
Our RS Experience
The smiles across our faces say it all! Our days filled with challenges also bring well-deserved contentment. What would an RS family member say? Take a glimpse of some of their inspiring experiences!
What I like about the organization is the education, care, and support that they are providing. Working for Flood Control Asia RS Corp. can be challenging at times, but it’s a great place to grow professionally and personally.
One of my leaders taught me a very important lesson in life,
that you should not keep saying “I don’t know this (Diko alam)” instead you should say “I have yet to know this (Diko pa alam)”.
This improved my attitude, and up to now whenever I’m given a hard task, I just gladly accept the challenge and cling to that saying.
I have been with the company for years. The company treats its employees with fairness and care.
I had the opportunity to travel abroad (Doha, Qatar) for site training and installation because of Flood Control Asia RS Corporation.
It is very seldom to find a company that you can call a family. When my father was hospitalized, the company stood by my side. Dr. Andreas Klippe, RS President and CEO was among the first who presented himself and went to the hospital to donate his blood despite the danger of COVID 19. With that, I consider myself very lucky to be part of Flood Control Asia RS Corporation.