The Senior Technical Engineer’s responsibility is to provide specific in-depth technical expertise for design projects, with responsibility for the planning and deployment of the design of specific new products, technologies, components, and their integration into systems (e.g. demountable, electric or electronic systems, mechanical systems, etc). Also, to provide technical liaison with suppliers, manufacturing, design engineering, and customers. Produce high-quality solutions for projects, and be able to apply engineering knowledge and principles to devise innovative solutions to unique design problems. Responsible for the overall design content from concept through to delivery into manufacture, using innovative engineering skills to ensure seamless integration.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide significant in-depth knowledge and product design experience.
- Contribute to the development of features and designs for future flood control solutions.
- Utilize prior expertise to involve global partners, suppliers, and academia to leverage invention and create production-ready innovations.
- Develop technical specifications and supplier documentation for new technologies.
- Perform design analysis and product evaluations for future technology.
- Responsible for rapid prototyping, specifying requirements and evaluation of designs, analysis, development, testing, and control of features, as well as a high level of independent judgment.
- Provide technical expertise of the product features to personnel supporting the assigned project.
- Show solid judgment and build consensus, particularly in the face of competing design requirements.
- Research concept ideas using mathematical modeling to work out whether new developments and innovations would work and be cost-effective.
- Produce design ideas, based on research, into technical plans for prototypes using computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-assisted engineering (CAE) software.
- Analyze the design proposals and the technical information in order to identify the issues arising during product development, defining and implementing adequate solutions in order to reach a feasible proposal with a high form and aesthetic quality.
- Make and track design changes on existing products in conjunction with the Engineer team.
- Qualifications Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree or equivalent is preferred.
- Membership of an industry-related Professional Body would be advantageous.
- At least 5 years of experience with structural engineering and product development.
- Extensive work experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Consistently demonstrates extremely high levels of technical knowledge, ingenuity, and creativity.
- Broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of specialty.